FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
Welcome to the biggest PC, Tech, Gaming Community. Feel free to register and start posting!

Some pick ups done recently & new scan

<<

kachan64

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kachan64 » Sun Oct 06, 2024 11:23 am

Some pick ups done recently & new scan

kodi-setup-01.jpg
kodi-setup-01.jpg (2.55 MiB) Viewed 46 times
Finally picked up a bunch of blu-rays and UHDs and was able to scan it to my Kodi collection for my new setup.

I have scanned the movies as MKV so that is easier to manage in terms of both movies and especially TV shows. I'll be using my external hard drive with matching drive letters on 2/3 of my Kodi setup.

With movies, I feel like I don't need the extra 22% of extra space taken per movie due to extra contents and main menu, since Kodi don't support main manu without JAVA installed. Even that Kodi sometimes shows up up an error related to the blu-ray main menu and prevents me from resuming.
TV shows has to be named numerically against TMDB's episode titles to get correct matching. Like Someshows S01E01 all the way down to whatever the episode ends before scanning. Dealing with BDMV folders isn't worth it and very hard to import.
kodi-setup-02.jpg
kodi-setup-02.jpg (732.42 KiB) Viewed 46 times
The theme I've used is Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded, which can be found on the latest version of Kodi as of writing this. Because Kodi tend to remove unsupported/outdated themes. Once installed, this theme gives you an ultimate Netflix styled layout with movies and TV shows categorized separately.
You will need to two sets folders with one named Movies and another named TV Show.
kodi-setup-03.jpg
kodi-setup-03.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 46 times
You will need to adjust it's type in each of those folders to match their type and PLEASE disable Fanart.tv to avoid ugly fan made arts injected into your movie cover. And you can change the classification system to match your region if you want. Australia would be Australia:, UK would be UK: and kjeep Rated if you don't mind the USA system.
kodi-setup-04.jpg
kodi-setup-04.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 46 times
Once you've done that, just simply dump the movie MKVs into those folders like Furiosa A Mad Max Saga (2024) followed by Furiosa A Mad Max Saga (2024).mkv. Those can be found on TMDB.
It should only take a few seconds to scan your library of movies depending on how many movies you plan to scan.
kodi-setup-06.jpg
kodi-setup-06.jpg (511.36 KiB) Viewed 46 times
Since TV shows are interpreted differently than movies, hence why I suggested backing up them as MKVs rather than a RAW BDMV folder.

Once that done, you are good to go.

Another add-on that goes really well with Kodi is Trakt. It allows you to synchronize your movie watch progress with Trakt, share movie collection and watch history with others and able to rate movies. It's pretty cool. A bit like Last.FM for movies. And if you have multiple Trakt instances setup on different PCs like I did, you can synchronize movie/tv show playback time and resume where you left off.
kodi-setup-05.jpg
kodi-setup-05.jpg (518.06 KiB) Viewed 46 times

Return to “Blu-Ray/UHD Software”